In addition to Istanbul’s history and natural charm, many of its famous dishes have likewise become symbols of the city. Here are some culinary experiences one should try while in Istanbul.
1. Drink a Turkish coffee in any cafe facing the Bosphorus.
2. Try Turkish Delight in the Spice Bazaar, particularly if you love sweets.
3. Buy a simit, one of Istanbul’s most loved street foods. It goes best with cheese for breakfast.
4. Go to a meyhane and try a few of the mezes.
5. Visit Eminönü and try a fish sandwich.
6. Eat a breakfast which includes some of Turkey’s many local, delicious cheeses.
7. Visit Sultanahmet and try some köfte at the famous Sultanahmet Köfteçi.
8. Try the famous Turkish sweet, baklava, as a dessert after a good meal.
9. Visit the Vefa Bozacısı, now a symbol of the district, and drink boza in the historical square.
10. Eat Kuru Fasulye at one of the places famous for it in Sultanahmet, and be sure to try the pickles.