- Tour of “Sultan Ahmet Center”, the heart of the “Old City” from where the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires were ruled.
- Hagia (St.) Sophia, one of the greatest marvels of architecture, constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian.
- Blue Mosque, facing Hagia Sophia, famous with its blue İznik tiles and unique with 6 minarets, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet.
- Hippodrome, center of sportive events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating the Hippodrome.
- Grand Covered Bazaar, most attractive shopping center and the biggest “souk” in the world with nearly 4000 shops selling antiques, jewellery, gold, carpets, leatherware and souvenir.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Topkapı Palace, residence of Ottoman Sultans exhibiting imperial treasury, sacred Islamic relics, kitchen, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy section etc. (Harem section is not included in the program and due to extra entrance fee if requested)
- Rüstem Paşa Mosque, designed by the court architect Sinan for the Grand Vizier of Süleyman The Magnificent. A typical sample of Islamic architecture amidst the rows of shops near the Spice Bazaar, famed with its exquisite and colorful tiles set in floral and geometric designs.
All tours have been posted by TURSAB(Turkish Society of Travel Agencies) licensed travel agencies and tour operators who have replied to the formal TURSAB call of 08.07.2013 for publishing their tours on this website.
Abelya Turizm, Perpa Ticaret Merkezi A Blok 11.Kat No:1486 Şişli İSTANBUL TÜRKİYE
Tel: ( +90 212 ) 320 90 38 (Pbx)
Faks: ( +90 212 ) 320 90 52