Depo is located in Tophane, in a four-story building which used to be a tobacco warehouse until the 1950’s.
In 2005, Depo (which means warehouse in Turkish) began to be used as an exhibition and project spot during the 9th Istanbul Biennial. After a restoration in 2008, Depo was converted into a gallery and hosted its first exhibition in 2009.
In addition to exhibitions, Depo also organizes film screenings and workshops for children. With rather unconventional visiting hours, Depo can be visited on Tuesdays and Sundays between 11:00-19:00. At the same time the space is open to different groups for panels, debates, performances and rehearsals.