The Çinili Hamam, located in Üsküdar, was built by Kösem Sultan in 1640. For many years it remained closed and almost forgotten, but in 1964 it was transferred to private ownership and reopened its doors to customers.
Known for its historically important tilework, it is also one of the hamams in Istanbul, which has preserved its original structure.
The hamam has two 373 year-old domed chambers, heated by a wood furnace; the heat passes through pipes in the walls and ceiling.
The hamam is open seven days a week including religious and national holidays.