The Sadullah Paşa Yalı, found on the Çengelköy shore, is one of the Bosphorus’ oldest, most beautiful and most classic wooden structures. A portion of the selamlık (section for guests) – with its examples of Ottoman Yalı architecture – collapsed at the beginning of the 20th century and today only the haremlik (section for family) remains. Designed symmetrically, the central salon opens to eight different rooms.
Originally belonging to the Chief Black Eunuch, Mehmet Ağa, it changed hands over time and became Sadullah Paşa’s in 1872. Today the yalı is protected under historical conservation laws.